SEO stands for “search engine optimization.” It’s the process of increasing your website traffic through search engine results.
This helps your website become more discoverable. When potential customers search terms related to your brand, they’ll have a better chance of discovering your website and becoming a customer.
Imagine you have a fitness business. You offer dieting and workout tips on your website.
You also have an article about losing weight. With good SEO practices, a person searching a keyword like “how to lose weight” might have a better chance of finding that article—and therefore, your brand.
- Serve up the best possible content for your audience
- Create a positive website user experience
- Prioritize content that offers significant value
That’s the power of SEO.
What Will You Learn?
- What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
- Technical Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- SEO Marketing
- Blogs.mtu.edu/webmaster—specific post about SEO and Usability
- professional blog and SEO tools
- search.google.com/search-console—a great reference for understanding your Google site stats
Five Ways to Improve your Site’s Ranking (SEO)
Update Your Content Regularly
Five Ways to Improve your Site’s Ranking Quiz
Publish Relevant, Authoritative Content
Have a link-worthy site08:42
Use alt tags08:42